Tuesday, March 6, 2007

New Gold Rush!

Man, I like this bike. I liked it the minute I got on, and liked it better the longer I rode it. There are a lot of reasons to like it, but I've got to admit that as soon as I heard about the color I was a goner. Fast Freddy said, "The new orange is my pick. I think it looks way hot!" Uh, huh. I'll show you my trio of orange bikes sometime and you'll realize that I was helpless at this point.

Fast Freddy and Denton were very generous with their time helping me spec the bike. After going over just about everything, it ended up pretty much a stock Speed and Sport, but with the 24T granny. Easy Racers has really done a good job of making this bike model right straight out of the box. I plan to add Rotor Q-rings at some point; Easy Racers likes these rings, but doesn't sell them.

I definitely wanted the Cobra seat. I've been feeling a tug in the Easy Racers direction for a while, since stumbling onto an original EZ-1. Once I took the Sun Coolback seat off that bike and put the original Cobra back on I was really hooked. This seat is a support you can really push off of on hills; it doesn't soak up your pedal energy. You can even rock the bike under you a bit, like when climbing or sprinting on a road bike.

There is a delay on my fairing, so the bike got here naked. I'm glad it did; this just spreads the fun out more. I may well ride the bike like this anyway when it gets hot and humid (the sooner the better, please). If you've followed this blog, or this BROL thread, you know that I've been debating what recumbent to get for riding with my non-recumbent roadie friends. I think I got it right. And since I keep up just fine on the flats, and already have a weight advantage downhill, fairingless will probably be dandy for some of those rides.

Still I'm anxious to try a fairing and sock; I've never ridden with either. This is gonna be fun; I feel like a kid in a (very expensive) candy shoppe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An orange GRR. You must be living right. Congrats on your gorgeous new bike. I look forward to a more detailed review. PS. That last pic is beautiful.

jbest said...

Wow! I can see that bike from my house!

Looks great -

Jay